About Wierda Independent School
We aim to produce young people who are able to meet the challenges of tomorrow, i.e to develop each child to his or her full potential, spiritually, intellectually and physically, so that each child may grow in grace, and enjoy freedom through knowledge. Leading a healthy productive and meaningful life, building inner strength and character. Ultimately our learners should understand how to successfully apply the knowledge they have gained through their experiences and our Curriculum.
We accommodate fast, average, slow and even children that suffers from ADHD. Our Smaller classes enable our educators to pay individual attention to learners and it also ensure that remedial support is given where necessary. We also aim to challenge learners who can progress at a faster pace.
Here, no child gets lost in the crowd.
Individualism is encouraged, with a profound, positive effect on the children. The child’s feeling and will are valued. Every child is recognized as a creative individual, who has a contribution to make. We also provide a structured balance between academic, sport and culture.
As an added bonus: We also offer half and full day programmes with healthy and nutritious meals.
Our VisionOur students:
- Are proud, appreciative and loyal towards their school.
- Have positive self-worth and respect for others.
- Work independently and collaboratively to solve problems.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and embrace educational opportunities as enthusiastic learners.
- Become independent through developing their self-esteem and by performing tasks given to them.
- Are taught to behave in various situations.
- Are taught that they as well as their classmates have a responsibility in the class.
- Are taught a variety of techniques and skills e.g.
- Vocabulary and language use
- Handling a pencil, scissors, etc.
- Basic good manners
- Perceptual skills
- Great motor skills
- Fine motor skills
- Visual skills
- Auditory skills
- Cognitive skills
- Are innovative thinkers who adapt to a changing global environment.
- Have a vision of their own future and goals to achieve their dreams.
- Learn to respect and accept each other in a Multi-lingual and Multi-racial South Africa.
- Will above all, learn to love, trust and believe in the Lord, through knowledge of God’s word and by praising Him through prayer and song.
Our ValuesWe believe that:
- All students have the right to a quality education.
- Positive family involvement is a key factor to student achievement and success.
- Respect and compassion promote understanding and improve communication throughout the community.
- Effective communication is required for understanding.
- A positive moral structure in our lives is a key factor in producing happy, well adjusted, successful members of our community.
- A strong work ethic contributes to this community’s growth and success.
- A strong sense of patriotism and citizenship unifies this community.
Your child's Home away from home